September Nature Happenings
• Hummingbird activity is strong. Most Rufous and Black-chinned hummingbirds have headed south for winter, but since most of our hummingbirds are here all year long, keep your hummingbird feeder out through the winter.
• In late September, begin watching for fall migrants like Dark-eyed Juncos and White-crowned Sparrows.
• Keep an eye on your bath and yard for southward migrating tanagers and buntings.
• Watch for migrating Allen's hummingbirds at your feeders.
• Last orioles and tanagers are gone.
• Fall warblers start passing through.
• Butterflies continue - watch for painted ladies, hairstreaks, funereal diskwings and more.
• This is a good month to see baby javelinas mixed in with the herd.