We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
6546 E Tanque Verde Rd.,
Tucson, AZ 85715
Phone: (520) 299-9585
Fax: (520) 844-8163
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Visit our other website
• June is Perennial Garden Month & National Rivers Month
• Watch for all birds feeding their young. Fledglings are seen relentlessly begging for food.
• Young raptors are flying.
• Phainopeplas move from the desert to the coast for a second nesting.
• House Finch young can be seen at feeders. You may need to add millet to your regular mix for June and July.
• Hummingbirds continue to nest.
• Orioles and grosbeaks are fledging their young and coming to feeders.
• Some warblers and other migrating songbirds have left the area.
• Cicadas or "cactus dodgers" emerging. Males are loudly buzzing to attract mates
• Gopher snakes and kingsnakes lay eggs.
• Desert wildflower bloom is over so hummingbird feeders are getting busier.
• Lesser nighthawks are heard at night and seen capturing insects in well-lit areas
• Large, orange and yellow cicada-killer wasps are out capturing and paralyzing cicadas to feed their developing larvae
• Lone Mockingbirds sing, occasionally all night